Authorisation to work as a Veterinary nurse in Denmark

If you wish to work as a veterinary nurse in Denmark you must have an authorization. If you are trained as, a veterinary nurse in a country outside of Denmark, your education must be equated with the Danish education as a veterinary nurses approved by the Ministry of Education and an assessment of your foreign education will therefore have to be made.

How to apply?

If you would like to applicate for an authorisation to work as a veterinary nurse in Denmark you must do the following:

  • Send an application/letter (there is no need to motivate your application. Merely state that you are applying for an authorisation for veterinary nurse. You must also inform us about whether you have completed your training as a veterinary nurse specializing in small animals/pet animals or horses)

  • Attach the following documents to your application:
    • Proof of nationality (preferably a copy of relevant passport pages).

    • Name, address and contact-details (phone number and e-mail)

    • Diploma (or other evidence of professional qualification allowing you to perform the profession as a veterinary nurse in your home country).

    • Description of the veterinary nurse education program (including total study time and the relationship between theoretical teaching and internship periods).

    • Documentation for relevant work experience may also be included

NB. The documents mentioned above must be either originals or certified copies of the original documents and it has to be in the original language as well as in a Danish or English translation. All copies of the documents must be certified by a public authority, an embassy, a trade union or similar and translations must be performed by a certified translator and it must be clear from the translations which documents there have been translated. Preferably, the translation must be attached to the document that it has been translated from.

Where to send or upload your application

The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration (DVFA)
Stationsparken 31-33
DK-2600 Glostrup

Mark the envelope "Veterinary nurse"

If you are a national of an EU/EEA Member State, you can upload your application and documents here.