The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration (DVFA) inspects all establishments producing, importing and marketing food.
As an official authority, DVFA:
- Carries out controls according to the general inspection manual and other guidelines and legislation.
- Has the right to come everywhere in the establishment and inspect for example premises, products, documents and electronic data.
- Has the right to give the necessary sanctions like enjoining orders, prohibitions, injunctions, administrative fines and reporting to the police.
- Has the right to take the necessary samples.
- Must respect the rights of the establishments and give the necessary information during an inspection e.g. about observations and legal rights.
- Has to document the inspections on inspection reports.