The Central Husbandry Register (CHR) is the central database used for registration of holdings and animals. It is owned by the Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Fisheries of Denmark and was established in 1992.
The CHR contains information on all holdings with cattle, pigs, sheep, goats, horses, deer, camels, poultry, fur animals, rabbits for consumption, bumble bees and aquaculture animals.
For each holding the following information is registered in the CHR:
- Holding number (CHR number) e.g. 654321
- Address of the holding
- Geographical position of the holding (x and y coordinates)
- Operator's name, address, contact numbers and VAT or civil registration number
- Number of animals
- Veterinary events
- Allocated means of identification
- Results of on-the-spot inspections
Besides data on holdings, CHR contains information on:
- For cattle: Each individual animal, including movements
- For horses: Each individual animal, including movements
- Movements of pigs, sheep and goats